Vegan Peace Blog's First Award!
On Sunday, January 2, 2011, Vegan Peace Blog got the Stylish Blogger Award from Kerry of On the path to zen...
I am excited and feel honored for the award and grateful for all the of readers/fans of my blog!
Thank you Kerry for giving me my first award!
In order to accept this award I must:
1. Thank and link back to the person who awarded this to you. ☑
2. Share 7 things about yourself. ☑ (see below)
3. Pay it forward to 9 recently discovered great blogs. ☑ (see below)
4. Contact those bloggers and let them know about their award. ☑ (right after I post this I will)
7 things about me:
1. I've been a vegan for 4 years and a vegetarian for 12 years. I became a vegan for health, spiritual, and animal rights reasons.
2. I love most kinds of music and learning about new musicians and bands. But I am mostly a rock n' roller and prefer most rock music and it's sub-genres. As well I prefer alternative anything, experimental/avant-garde, neo-classical, folk, punk rock/horror-punk/psychobilly/cowpunk/rockabilly/garage rock, southern rock/bluegrass/country rock, doom/folk/pagan/epic/Celtic/folk/Gothic, industrial/nu/ progressive, symphonic, heavy/viking/neo-classical metal, death blues/cemetery western/southern Gothic, classical, Celtic, blues, jazz, ethereal, electronic/house/industrial/dance, Gothic, dark and new wave, big band, soul, post-punk/post-rock/post-grunge, and indie/baroque/60's pop/twee. My top four favorite bands are: Green Day (Billie Joe Armstrong and Mike Dirnt are vegetarians and have designed vegan shoes), Sleater-Kinney, Yeah Yeah Yeahs (Nick Zinner is a vegan and Brian Chase is a vegetarian), and Black Sabbath (Geezer Butler and Bill Ward are vegans). My top four favorite solo musicians are: Alela Diane, Regina Spektor, Loreena McKennitt, and Scout Niblett. My top four favorite classical composers are: Yann Tiersen, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, Pyotr Ilyich Tchaikovsky, and Ludwig van Beethoven. Check out Last.fm and Pandora to listen radios of above genres and artists.
3. I am part Cape Verdean (Africa), Venezuelan (South America), Afro-Trinidadian and Tobagonian (Caribbean Island in South America, French (Europe), and Blackfoot Indian (North America). For recipes from my culture go here.
4. I love all kinds of art especially poetry, photography, interior design, and tattoos.
5. I was born in Houston, Texas U.S.A.
6. I am 25 years old and a Scorpio.
7. I love guitars and play a little bit of guitar, piano, drums, and harmonica. I want learn to play the saxophone, cello, and violin. I would love to get a Epiphone Les Paul Special-II, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, Ibanez AEL2012E 12 String Acoustic Electric Guitar Transparent Black Sunburst, Ibanez AK80 and Ibanez AG95 one day.
Paying it forward to 9 great blogs:
Sweet On Veg
I'm Vegan Now What?
Vegan Sweet Day
Healthy. Happy. Life. and The Lunchbox Bunch.
Vegan In The Sun
Holy Cow! Vegan Recipes
The Southern Vegetarian Chronicles
Remember to check back here often for new post, I try to update at least once a month. Look at my past blog posts for vegan information, resources, and links. E-mail me me if you have any suggestions for new posts, questions on this blog or veganism or questions regarding this post or know any more sites relating to this post.
January 9, 2011
Vegan Peace Blog's First Award!